Booking Terms and Conditions
Last update: 29 August 2016
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting a booking, you warrant and confirm to us that you have read these Terms and Conditions and agree to comply with them.
Definitions and Interpretations
'Website' pertains to www.newmanila.com under these Terms and Conditions unless otherwise specified.
'We' or 'Us' or 'Our' refers to NewManila.com, known collectively as, the Property Owner(s).
'You' or 'your' refers to the person who is booking and whose name appears as the main contact.
'Property Owner(s)' is the legal owner of the property or their authorised representatives such as a property agent or a property manager.
'Departure' or 'arrival' meant here with regards to where the property is located.
'Homeowners Association' is a condominium corporation whose members are the property owners formed to hold and manage the common areas of the building.
- When booking a property through us, you enter into a contract with the property owners. Prior to arrival to the property, a Contract of Lease will be signed between you and the property owner.
- Proof of identity: We require a scanned or photocopy of your passport or driving licence or any government issued photo identification. This is required by the building administration where the property is located.
- All bookings through us and all matters arising from them are subject to the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
- The main contact name given on the booking form must be at least 18 years of age, agrees to be responsible for the party occupying the property, is authorised to agree to all terms and conditions in this contract on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for all payment due from the party.
- Confirmed booking are not transferrable between properties.
- All bookings are accepted on the clear understanding that the property is taken for holiday purposes only and is not to be used for any other purposes.
- Booking deposit. We require a deposit on booking to guarantee reservation. Booking deposit is a percentage of the total rent and excludes security deposit.
- Security deposit. We require a security deposit to ensure we are protected against accidental breakages and damages. This is normally added to the balance. We will refund the amount in full the same way it is paid, less, if any, the cost of replacements or repairs, utility bills (water and electric), as soon as we have received a report from the property managers within fourteen (14) days of your departure from the property.
- Balance. We require the balance of the total cost 20 days prior to your arrival to the property. The balance includes the security deposit. We reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit if the balance remains unpaid after that date.
- Cancellation by you
- In the event of a cancellation by you for any reason and full payment has already been paid, we will refund the amount paid less the booking deposit, the Php2,500 administration charge and any PayPal charges paid. Any such refund will not be forthcoming until after the end of the booked date. If cancellation is made within 5 days prior to arrival, see 3.3.
- In the event of a cancellation by you for any reason and only the booking deposit has been paid, no refund will be made for any booking deposits paid.
- All cancellations must be notified by email at frontdesk(at)newmanila.com, giving details of the booking number and the reason for the cancellation. Bookings can only be cancelled up to 5 days before the day of your arrival. No refund will be made for all bookings cancelled after this time. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance appropriate to your circumstances and ensure that cancellations such as this are covered.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the 5-day is calculated based on the arrival date and check-in time at the property’s time zone and your cancellation email time stamp received in our inbox converted to the property’s time zone.
- Cancellation by us
- If for any reason the property booked becomes unavailable or is deemed unsuitable for accommodation and requires cancellation by us, all monies paid will be refunded in full and this is the extent of our liability. No further claims will be acknowledged. We will inform you if this is the case and we will endeavour to find a replacement property.
- Arrival and departure times
- Arrival and departure times to the property will be clearly stated in the booking process. To ensure a smooth transition between you and the next guest, we require that the property is vacated by the departure time. This will give us enough time to service and clean the property. Arriving guests may occupy the property from arrival time onwards. We reserve the right to charge for additional occupancy on a daily basis if the property is not vacated by the time advised. We understand that not all arrivals and departures are within these times, please let us know in advance and we will deal with it for consideration. We will confirm this in writing or email.
- Property key
- The keys to the property will be handed over to you during your arrival at the property. The property manager will normally meet you at the reception or lobby. Lost keys make the property insecure and requires replacement of new locks and keys. The propery owner will advise us of the cost of replacement and labour, and we will deduct this to your security deposit. Upon leaving the property at the end of your stay, the property manager will then meet you at the property to get the key back and perform checks on the property.
- If you take the key with you for any reason whatsoever at the end of tenancy, the key is considered lost. For security reasons, the we will initiate a replacement of new locks and keys. The propery owner will advise us of the cost of replacement and labour, and we will deduct this to your security deposit.
- Unauthorised key duplication is a breach of this contract. We will terminate your contract immediately without refund or compensation.
- The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the number shown on the booking confirmation or that advertised in the web site. We reserve the right to refuse admission or enter the property and end the contract if the numbers exceed as above. A charge will be made for any extra persons.
- Web Site Description and Photographs
- We make every effort to ensure that advertised property description or photographs are correct. We reserve the right to change the description or photographs of any property or service relating to the property at any time without notice to you if this will not affect the enjoyment and comfort of staying in the property. We will endeavour to notify you of any major changes before the start of your tenancy if it is practical to do so. We do not provide refund or compensation as a result incurred by any changes in the property descriptions or photographs.
- We do not tolerate unacceptable behaviour whilst on the property. It is your responsibility to make sure that you and the members of your party do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to the property you are staying or properties belonging to others. We have the right to access the property and terminate the contract immediately if such circumstances arise. We do not provide refund or compensation incurred as a result of your behaviour. Further, you are liable to pay us any expenses whatsoever as a result of your behaviour.
- We are responsible for providing the property in a clean and tidy condition taking all reasonable steps to ensure that all facilities advertised are provided. You must ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition - failure to do so will result in an additional charge which will be taken from the security deposit.
- Breakages and Damages
- You are responsible for the replacement of any article broken or damaged during your tenancy of the property and for the repair of any damage done to the property itself. This excludes reasonable wear and tear.
- All breakages and damages must be reported to the property manager immediately before the end of the tenancy. This allows you and us to sort out the issue immediately and whilst you are still in the property.
- Air Conditioning and Electric Fans
- We ask you to only use the air conditioning units and electric fans when you are in the property whether the cost of air conditioning is exclusive or inclusive of the rent. Please close all the windows and doors to avoid leaking the cooled air. When the property is unoccupied, we ask you to turn the air conditioning units and electric fans off.
- Building Works
- We do not accept any liability for any disruption of tenancy due to surrounding or neighbouring properties of any sort whatsoever. This includes building works, impairment of views and noise. Should we become aware of circumstances that we believe will adversely affect the enjoyment of your stay before the commencement of your tenancy, we will inform you immediately and offer an alternative property at the advertised rate.
- Swimming Pool
- Where swimming pool is included as part of the property rental, it is on the understanding that it is un-supervised and that it is your responsibility to ensure that children and non-swimmers are supervised at all times. Swimming pool repairs and maintenance are not within our control and we do not guarantee pool availability during your stay. We do not provide refund or compensation due to pool unavailability. Pools are normally communal in apartment settings so this is shared by the rest of the property occupants within the building. Pools are subject to the rules and regulations of the local homeowners association. We ask you that this is strictly followed.
- Baby Cot and Extra Bed
- Depending on the property, baby cot/crib and extra bed are available on request, up to the maximum capacity only. This will be clearly stated in the property description if this is available or not. Extra beds are normally the fold-away type and may not be suitable for adult.
- Access to the Property
- We will be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during occupancy. This is also applicable to the property administrator of the building and their personnels upon authorisation by us. You will be notified in advance prior to the access. In the unlikely event that access is required immediately, notification may not be necessary. The reasons for immediate access would be if the property is causing threat to the residents such as water left running, fire alarms, automatic sprinkler system is triggered, unacceptable behaviour and breach of this contract.
- All payments will be charged in Philippine Peso (PHP).
- Lost Items
- We accept no responsibility for items left behind in the property after you have vacated. We will charge you in advance the cost of retrieving and returning your lost items on request. Any unclaimed items will be disposed of or donated to a local charity after four (4) weeks.
- We are not liable for the occassional appearance of insects (ants, cockroaches, mosquitos), vermin or other rodents or animals but every reasonable endeavour shall be made to eradicate the same when notified of their presence. We request that all foods are kept in the fridge, and not left outside to avoid attracting insects.
- All of our properties are non-smoking.
- All complaints should be notified to us immediately. We will not entertain a complaint once a property has been vacated. We reserve the right to investigate and resolve any problems during tenancy without refund or compensation. Any complaints submitted in writing or email will be dealt by us for a final resolution.
- Force Majeure
- We do not accept liability or pay any compensation where a property becomes unavailable due to 'force majeure.' This describes any event which we could not avoid. These events include typhoon or weather damage, criminal damage, break-in, explosion, fire, flood, which causes destruction or damage to the property making the property not satisfactory for letting. Also included are adverse weather conditions, earthquake, riots, industrial action, civil strife, natural disasters, nuclear disasters, oil spills, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, coup d’état, pandemic of any sorts and all similar situations beyond our control.
- Our Liability
- We do not accept any liability for any neglect, default or act nor for any inconvenience, injury, accident or loss suffered by any person or to any vehicle or possessions in or about the properties or in any way arising out of these properties from any cause whatsoever.
- Termination of Contract
- If you fail to adhere to any of the conditions set out above, we reserve the right to enter the property and terminate the tenancy without refund or compensation.
The term ‘NewManila.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and photographs. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to NewManila.com, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without NewManila.com’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
This website and its content is copyright of NewManila.com - © NewManila.com 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by NewManila.com and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of NewManila.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, NewManila.com takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
NewManila.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
NewManila.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at frontdesk(at)newmanila.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.